Saturday, April 29, 2017

Nintendo to Launch New 2DS XL Handheld Game Device in July: In line with pledge to keep the platform to cater to demand from children


Nintendo is releasing a new handheld device this summer.

Nintendo is planning to launch another gaming device targeted at children: the 2DS XL. Although they had recently released the Switch, which is more powerful than the 2DS line, the 2DS is more portable and less expensive.

Not only does Nintendo makes different handheld gaming devices, but also they make different mobile games. By doing so, Nintendo is able to reach to a wider range of target markets from children to teenagers to adults.


The portability and cost would very likely cause customers to choose the 2DS over the Switch. 




Linh Tran
MKTG 3343

3 comments:

  1. Interesting blog. I thought Nintendo devices were out of style but I guess they are making a comeback. I wonder what the demand for these devices will be like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember playing these types of games as a kid; maybe because it is because I am just not a kid anymore but I do not see the fun in most Nintendo games anymore. Like Natalie said I wonder what the type of demand for these devices is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to play on my DS EVERYDAY as a kid. I had the first version that was released, and haven't kept up with much with other models since. They've all basically have been the same. I'm curious to try out the Nintendo Switch.

    ReplyDelete