Friday, May 4, 2018

Cosmetic Industry Renovation


Image result for drugstore makeup dupesThe beauty industry is bringing to attention how drugstore makeup is not as tightly regulated as higher end makeup. As time has progresses, consumers are more aware of what products they apply to their bodies. Many companies market their products as cruelty free to attract users that want to have a personal emotional benefit rather than just a product they enjoy using. 

The FDA wants to try to guarantee safety to consumers that buy the more affordable version of cosmetics. Personally, I believe that this will increase the sales of drugstore cosmetics. As a bu
yer of makeup, I am willing to pay a few extra dollars that guarantee safety. It is worth the money if the outcome does not worsen my problem. Evaluating the truthfulness of sellers protects the consumer. In chapter three, the legal environment of consumer protection agencies was presented. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Consumer Production safety (CPSC). Food and drugs are controlled by the FDA. They have been focused on developing standards for nutritional labeling. This provides the consumer with information on the products creating trust between the buyer and seller in hopes of future purchases of other products. I chose this article because as a buyer of cosmetics, I want to know what I am using. I trust a brand more when I have an understanding that I know the product they are selling are items I can trust.





2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with this article. Drug-store makeup must also be treated the same as luxury brands because although they have differences, there is something they should both have in common: their product must be one that is safe for the consumer. I believe that the involvement of the FDA would really help out the drug-store brands sell more because their consumers will not have to worry about whether the make-up will harm them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed 100%!! Im glad the FDA is deciding to get involved with drug store make up. I personally get my basic make up from drug stores and though i'm not one to wear a lot of make up nor know much about it, not having to worry about what is being applied to my skin is a plus.

    ReplyDelete