Tuesday, May 8, 2018

NBA is rigged?



Why has Jason Gay been letting his kids stay up late watching LeBron James? Jason Gay mentions how his kids will leave their rooms at night complaining that they can't sleep and he lets them stay up because LeBron James is playing. He says that he wants his children to be able to say "Yeah, I saw LeBron James play," when they are 35. 

After reading the article it got me thinking that maybe, the NBA could be using him as a marketing tactic. It is no doubt that LeBron James is one of the greatest of all time and it makes sense that the NBA would use him. In the article Jason Gay mentions that, "Live in the moment is everything." Clearly LeBron James alone is attracting viewers to the basketball channels every other night but how is the NBA controlling this? I, personally, think it might be rigged and I think Jason Gay (a sports columnist at The Wall Street Journal) would agree with me. He said some things that struck me, "He always plays. He barely sits. And on the court, he’s at the center of everything....James looks like someone who’s been asked to carry a piano up a staircase. And yet, he’s doing it, somehow...he’s 33 now, in his 15th season, and he’s still the best. It’s amazing, close to magical, and I think everyone should be watching." All of these things made me realize that LeBron James is doing near to impossible things, not to mention that he has made it to the finals 6 times. Nothing is confirmed but if it is true it is a great marketing strategy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment