Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Simpsons




This October, Fox will air a new “Simpsons” episode, “The Tree House Of Horrors XXVI”. Now what does the comedy show “The Simpsons” have to do with marketing, you might ask? Simple: everything.  Matt Groening and his production team have kept the show current and on the air for 27 seasons...an incredibly long time for a show to run! What are they doing right? Simple again: keeping it fresh and spiced with hundreds of popular guest stars. They started with a comparatively young target audience who has stayed loyal through the decades.  This target market has recruited other fans as well.  Even my 83-year-old grandmother knows the show.  The production team keeps the show up with the times; they constantly evaluate their markets, and through careful application of the Four P’s, they reach the needs of their target market, keeping the show funny, and up to date on current news. This makes the show interesting and easy to follow.




http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/10/21/the-simpsons-treehouse-of-horror-xxvi-watch-homerzilla-rampage-in-springfield-exclusive-clip/

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! The reason I love the Simpsons so much is because they always relate to current issues going on in the world. I believe they have a great strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly think the Simpsons has gone down hill, they are desperately trying to keep what viewers they still have. I used to be an avid watcher when I was younger and now I don't think I know anyone who still watches the show BECAUSE its the Simpsons. It's more of a, "its the only thing on, I guess I'll watch it" kinda show now.

    ReplyDelete