Thursday, November 12, 2015

Pinterest Sharpens Its Visual-Search Skills

            Pinterest is introducing a new feature that would allow the user to take a photo, highlight an object in that photo, and find similar objects through Pinterest. This technology, coupled with its “buy” button is particularly dangerous for anyone saving for the holidays. Pinterest hopes that this technology will provide new advertising opportunities for its investors and increase site traffic. The feature would also allow for a more person specific search.

      This is a new product for Pinterest that gives the site more dimension rather than a site for awesome recipes that you’ll probably never make, but look pretty. Pinterest also has a one up on search engines like Google because of the customized boards users create. Users provide that content that the site just sorts through rather than the other way around. These boards link with one another and allow users to gain access to hundreds of related pins. This product is especially useful for when you don’t know the name of something, but you know that you want it. I’ve been guilty if this feeling many times and I am glad to see there is a technology that would allow me to find that object or something similar. My wallet is not prepared for this new addition.

Date/Time: Nov. 8, 2015 3:39 p.m. ET    

5 comments:

  1. This new addition sounds cool and convenient. When does this new feature come out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked and the new feature is currently out! You just have to click on the magnifying glass icon on the pin :)

      Delete
  2. This is going to make me go really broke really fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love this! I haven't gotten on Pinterest in quite some time, but I will definitely be on there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really awesome I've always wanted this feature. I always would do tons of searching to find one specific thing in the backround.

    ReplyDelete