Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Uber says NO Kids-These Other Car Services say Yes.

For me personally, I grew up very busy. I'm still very busy but when I couldn't drive it made getting me to where I needed to go way to difficult. And many children today seem busier than I was. That's why it surprises me that Uber wouldn't hop on this opportunity. And not only is Uber denying rides for kids, so is Lyft. but why?

A spokeswoman for Uber and Lyft made it very clear that rides for children under 18 will not be a part of their services. But never fear, HopSkipDrive if for children ages six and up. This service was created by three moms that have pledged to make safety paramount by requiring all drivers to have five years of child-care experience. This includes parents, as well as people who have worked as teachers, nurses or nannies. They must pass rigorous background checks, including having their fingerprints run by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Most of the drivers are actually over 40 years of age and women. They made an app equipped with tracking a notification of pick up and drop off. This is another safety feature to ensure that customers children are safe. They wear bright-orange shirts with the company’s logo and tell the child a code word at pickup so the child knows the driver is legitimate. The driver asks the child for his or her birth date, so she knows she’s picking up the right kid. I think this is amazing that they went above and beyond for a legitimate car service.

I'm glad to see that mothers noticed a flaw in one of the most successful car ride services out there and made their own even better. I think its a great idea to have a dress code, code words and tracking. Uber has always made me too uncomfortable because of all the safety things they seem to lack. 


I picked this article because I am so happy to see creative innovation while keeping people safe. Looks like Uber can learn from these ladies.


Article by: Julie Jargon

Link: https://www.wsj.com/articles/uber-says-no-kidsthese-other-car-services-say-yes-11557221402

3 comments:

  1. Great choice Kari, I found the article interesting and I agree with the requirements HopSkipDrive has in place. These tactics help mothers and fathers feel their children(s) are safe in their commute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Post. Your all post was always been great, Lots of thanks for sharing the best and useful information. Thanks again!
    It is really quality & outstanding post. Thanks for spend your time on this blog.
    Aligarh to Delhi Cab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carchex car warranty review can give you a very simple review on the warranty service provider. To learn more about Carchex Car Warranty Review, visit on hyperlinked site.

    ReplyDelete