Friday, May 13, 2016

Costco, show me the money!





As a college junior, I know that many students turn to a part time job for slight essentials. Essentials such as Starbucks for last minute projects, Netflix to multitask, or Grubhub for the endless carbs lastly the remanding money for detergent or toothpaste and so on. Therefore when I came across this article I knew either I had found a new job or I could at least tell my friends where to apply. Costco Wholesale is a huge corporation and for the first time in nine years they were going to increase entry-level wages to thirteen dollars an hour! That is a sweet sweet deal if you ask me. I work for the school and I get a seven dollars and twenty five cents like many co-working students seeking their undergrad degree. So basically if I greet people and or check them out I get paid more rather then doing paper work all day long. This sound too good to be true, I wonder if this means that the body count for the corporation will decrease or if people will be laid off; I hope not. It will be interesting to see the turnout in a few months. This decision however has not really hurt the shareholders pockets thus the higher wages would reduce the company’s profit by about one cent a share to two. 



http://www.wsj.com/articles/costco-to-raise-its-minimum-wage-1457031421

No comments:

Post a Comment