Thursday, April 30, 2020

Should You Wear a Mask When Exercising Outdoors?


During the coronavirus pandemic, there has been an increase in people exercising outside. There are no public gyms open at this time, so many are trying to get the best exercise they can outside. Though there is concern about whether people should wear masks when exercising outdoors. Mask are not easy to breathe in which can make exercising unenjoyable. Experts warn that poorly fitted masks could impede the hearing or vision of walkers, runners, and cyclists on the road. 

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone now wears a mask of some kind when they leave home, and some cities and towns require a facial covering if you are outside. There is a better solution to this problem. It's suggested to have a mask hang around your neck while walking, running, or cycling so that you can pull it over your mouth and nose when you see or pass other people. 

I chose this article because me and my family have had the same question. I run outside every day and about 90% of people I see are not wearing a mask, including myself. Now I know to wear a mask around my neck so that I can still breathe and hear. This article was very interesting and I enjoyed reading it very much. I now feel more comfortable to exercise outside. 


https://www.wsj.com/articles/should-you-wear-a-mask-when-exercising-outdoors-11588079594

No comments:

Post a Comment